Width * Please select a width
Versatile, durable, hiker-inspired performance
- Direct attach construction keeps boots lightweight and flexible
- Best-in-class slip-resistant rubber outsole
- Ideal for medium-duty construction, warehousing and light manufacturing
The Tradesman 6617 features:
- Soles that have been designed and tested to perform on high heat surfaces. Soles identified as HRO are heat resistant to melting at a minimum of 475º Fahrenheit.
- Red Wing Waterproofing System
- This system uses a 3-layer approach to keep feet dry.1 - Linings help move moisture away from the foot to keep it dry. 2 - Foam provides cushioning and a comfortable fit. 3 - A waterproof bootie is a barrier to keep water out. Tricot, a protective material, is applied to the outside of the bootie to ensure a complete waterproof system.
- Slip Resistant
- Standard for performance requirements when evaluating slip resistance of protective footwear using a certified whole shoe test method.
Technical Specifications - Tradesman style 6617
- Safety Toe
- Non-Metallic Toe
- ASTM Standard
ASTM F2413-18, M/I/C, EH
- ASTM F3445-21, SR
- Leather Type
Full Grain, Waterproof and Waxed
- Red Wing Waterproofing
- Direct Attach
- VersaTrax - Black-Gray
- Country of Origin
- Made in China
Full Grain, Waterproof and Waxed Leather Care
Test on small area first to check for discoloration. Pour a small amount directly onto a dampened cloth or sponge. Wipe entire area thoroughly and evenly. Use clean, dry cloth to remove any excess dirt or moisture. Once cleaned and dry to the touch apply the recommend conditioner to ensure the proper maintenance of the leather.
Be sure leather is clean and dry. Apply Mink Oil with dauber brush, cloth or fingers and work into the leather to apply an even amount. May darken light colored leathers
Use in a well ventilated area. After cleaning and conditioning the leather, hold bottle 6-8 inches from the leather and mist the surface in a sweeping motion. Let surface dry before wearing. Do not saturate the leather.
Red Wing Shoes' sturdy soles, premium leathers, triple-stitching and welt construction all work together to make boots that last a lifetime. It takes more than 230 steps to handcraft a pair of Red Wing boots; it only takes a few steps to keep them in top condition. One of these steps is resoling and repairing your Red Wings before the damage becomes irreversible. Red Wing Shoe Company operates our very own repair shop at our Red Wing, Minnesota, manufacturing facility.
The Premium Repair Package: $150.00
- Repair broken hooks/eyelets
- Repair minor stitching
- Replacement laces
- Recondition the leather
- Receive a full-size container of the appropriate leather conditioner
A La Carte options:
- Resole/Heel (Including oiling & new laces, when applicable) – $120.00
- Replace heels only – $60.00
- Add or change hooks/eyelets – $65.00
- Dye boots black (includes sole) – $70.00
- Repair stitching – $35.00
- Replace gussets – $90.00
- Install zippers (only applicable for certain styles) – $70.00
- Apply Tuff Toe (Black or brown colors only) – $50.00
- Repair heel lining/replace collor – $70.00
To have your Red Wing boots repaired by the Red Wing Repair Shop, complete the following steps:
- Fill out and print the PDF repair form
- Bring the form and your boots to your local Red Wing Store or call/email our customer service representatives for a shipping label (free for services over $50). Contact info below.
Red Wing Customer Service
Phone: 1-800-733-9464 (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CST)
FREQUENTLY ASKED REPAIR QUESTIONS
Can the Red Wing Repair Shop repair any brand of boot?
We only repair boots made by Red Wing Shoe Company. These brands include Red Wing, WORX and Irish Setter.
Can all boots made by Red Wing Shoe Company be repaired?
This depends on how the boots were made. Any boots made using welt construction can be repaired, pending any excessive wear and tear. Not all Red Wing, WORX or Irish Setter boots can be resoled. Please contact the Red Wing Shoe Company for specific questions about your style of boot. The phone number is 1-800-733-9464 (M-F 8am-5pm CST) or email@example.com
How can I tell if my boots can be repaired?
Boots with cracked insoles, torn leather uppers or worn through linings usually cannot be repaired. If you are unsure if your boots can be repaired, call the Red Wing Shoe Company or bring them to your local Red Wing Store.
Can the Red Wing Repair Shop fix my boots if I’ve had them repaired by another repair shop?
There are cases where we cannot repair boots that have been repaired by another shoe repair shop due to the way they repaired the boots. It’s best to call or e-mail with specific questions.
Can my boots be dyed?
Yes we can dye your boots in black only.
Can the stitching on my boots be fixed?
We can repair minor stitching and this depends on where the repair is located.
Can you repair the toe area of my boots?
We cannot replace the worn toe area of your boots. We can add an after market toe protection (Tuff Toe).
How should I ship my boots to Red Wing Shoe Company?
Please remove any laces, footbeds (if used) and other personal items before sending your boots in to our repair shop. We are unable to return any of these items.
What happens if my boots cannot be repaired after I’ve sent them in?
If your boots cannot be repaired, they will be sent back to you with a letter explaining why they cannot be repaired. We will also send back your check.
Free Standard Shipping
Free standard shipping on orders over $75.
See more details on available shipping options and rates.
Easy Returns. Guaranteed.
Our goal is simple: We want you to have a great experience shopping with us. Once you receive your item, you have 30 days to make a return. Return shipping is free. See more details on our returns and exchange policy.